Monday, 27 August 2012

First Mountain Climbed!

Climbed Cadair Idris via the Pony Path from Ty Nant on Saturday 25th August, starting out at 9:30am.

Climbing up into the clouds


Distance:                 6 miles
Ascent:                    734 metres
Time taken:             5 1/2 hours
Weather:                 Changeable, cloudy from about
                                 550 metres
View from sumit:     Allegedly stunning!
Difficulty rating:      9/10




At the sumit of Cadair Idris, after a 3 hour climb
Learnt lots about igneous rock and glacial erosian from my Geographer spouse in this amazing start to The 20/20 Heart Challenge.

Thank you to all of those who have supported me with welcome words of encouragement and / or sponsorship. Amazing that in just one week, I've  undertaken my first challenge and have raised more than £140 for the two charities that I am supporting, with more promised.

My idea for challenge number 2 is punting; watch this space for progress reports...



-------------------------------------------------
To make a donation to the Papworth Hospital Charity please visit my justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Angie4papworth

To make a donation to The Freeman Heart and Lung Transplant Association, please visit my justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Angie-Ridley


#2020challenge #lifegiven @angie_ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment