Monday, 3 September 2012

Challenge 2: Punting for beginners

Punting is a leisure activity so strongly associated with Cambridge that my not having ever stepped foot on a punt before has made it a compulsory second challenge choice. I'm thinking elegant, romantic...  

So, in my head this is shaping up to be an idylic, wind in the willows minus the talking animals experience where we will meander the river from Cambridge down to Granchester. Husband may even read poetry!

Back to reality.... on Sunday 9th September I will be having a go at punting on the River Cam between the Mill Pond and Granchester. This challenge is taking place with thanks to the fabulous Scudamores, a local punt comapny, who have generously given me a punt for the day.

I'm comfortable with the certain knowledge that I will both look like a tourist and get very wet  Wish me luck...

...........................
I'm doing this to help raise funds for these two fantastic charities:

To make a donation to the Papworth Hospital Charity please visit my justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Angie4papworth

To make a donation to The Freeman Heart and Lung Transplant Association, please visit my justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Angie-Ridley

Click here to find out more about organ donation and join the register

#2020challenge #lifegiven @angie_ridley

No comments:

Post a Comment