Wednesday, 10 October 2012

All quiet on the blogging front...

Conscious that aside from a few tweets here and there, I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front for the last few weeks. Despite my virtual silence, planning and progress continue...

This weekend I'm hoping to do a wee bike ride with my friend Bev along the busway to St Ives on a propper grown up style racy road bike, complete with lycra, cleats (I had to google that) and a bit of a pro-cyclist attitude. 

Cycling isn't a new thing for me as learning to cycle was one of my first ambitions after my operation back in 1993 and one which my lovely Uncle Dave helped me to achieve. Since then however my cycles rides have all been on super chunky hybrid road / mountain bikes. I've certainly never dressed for the part, even when taking part in the British Transplant Games the year after my transplant, where I won a silver or bronze medal (I can not remember which) in a 5K cycle race, despite my bike not being exactly fit for purpose.
Still remember the bemused looks I received...

Looking forward to my cycle ride with Bev and the cake that we've planned for half time; wish more fundraising activities could involve cake!
...........................

I'm doing this to help raise funds for these two fantastic charities and your support will make all the difference:

Please make a donation to the Papworth Hospital Charity by visiting my justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Angie4papworth

Please make a donation to The Freeman Heart and Lung Transplant Association at my justgiving
page at http://www.justgiving.com/Angie-Ridley

Please do dig deep and make a donation, no matter how small, it all counts!

Click here to find out more about organ donation and join the register

#2020heartchallenge #lifegiven

No comments:

Post a Comment