- FLYING A TIGER MOTH - WOW
- testing my powers of endurance through activities like walking Hadrian's Wall, climbing a mountain and even the 5k trail run at Wimpole
- overcoming my instinctive fears of height and open water by climbing, sailing and high wiring
- undertaking child hood rites of passage that were missed and only now caught up on such as skipping and hula hooping
- trying out a few new exercise classes with spinning and zumba - spinning wins!
- testing a few moves with tap and belly dancing
- having lots of fun!
Challenge 20: Kayaking with the kiddies on the Cam.
31st August was a gorgeous day for my final challenge, a kayak trip down the Cam with my family. We opted for two double kayaks, Keith and Bel in one and me with Joe in the other. It was a balance of skills as both Keith and Joe have kayaked before; Bel has too but only a couple of times.
Standing on the floating deck, waiting to get in the kayak, I felt a little surge of my non-swimmer anxiety but pushed it to one side. Joe and I climbed into our boat and instantly I knew it would be fine; with such a low centre of gravity on a shallow slow moving river, you'd have to go some to capsize it!
All we had to do was paddle. All the blogs I'd read had made this sound much more complex than in reality it was, so it didn't take long for Joe and I to get up to speed.